APHound v1.7 is now available.
This release is essentially a technical upgrade release which was focused on an upgrade to the development environment, new Microsoft runtimes and an upgraded chart library.
The upgrade to the new Microsoft runtimes means that the APHound installer has grown from a, reasonable, 3-4Mb to a whopping 15Mb in this release. I’ll be aiming to bring the install size back down over subsequent releases.
The changes in v1.7 are:
- The access point list now shows the station count and channel utilisation when they are provided by the access point.
- Upgraded to the new Chart Director v6 library.
- Upgraded the development environment to Visual Studio 2015. This included shipping the new Microsoft runtime environments.
- Fixed excessive flickering on the chart refreshing.
- Fixed an elusive memory leak in the access point group handling.
- Amended the display of SSID in the access point list to ensure it’s updated if the SSID changes while APHound is running.
Visit the APHound website for full details.