Thursday, March 26, 2015

The sloooooow month.

A period where the output from development slows happens from time to time. Usually it’s down to the optimistic developer under estimating a task, unexpected bugs or some external time soak. This month has been like that, but with an added “planning to put too much into the next release” tagged on.

To stick to the “release early, release often” mantra I’ve decided to release the one new feature I’ve added over the past few weeks. It’s a new chart which shows the channel allocation and signal strength of each reporting access point.

I had this chart in an early version of APHound but decided against releasing it because I could never get enough clarity in the display of the data when the number of access points grew. It just looked jumbled. But I was tweaking the colour and opacity of the bars in the chart and I think it now looks good enough to release.

This feature will be for the Plus version only since I’ve decided that version needs more to differentiate it from the Free edition.

All going well I should have a new release out this coming weekend.

No comments: