Saturday, July 11, 2015

Aaaaargh Websites.

By now I should have been gearing up to release a v1.5 with an expanded signal survey feature. Instead I’m finishing off a maintenance feature before locking v1.5 as, primarily, a small bugfix release.

Where did v1.5 development go wrong? One word - website.

I’d spent some time analysing the analytics from the website as I was reviewing the AdWords campaign and there were a couple of things I wanted to address on the website. This, of course, turned into a completely new website which in turn morphed into a compete time soak because, as a developer, I’m awful at graphic design!

In the end I stopped working on the new website and returned focus to at least making a release during July.

Lesson learned…..again!

But, there was a great moment in the last few weeks – sales!

Whilst the download stats for the Free edition have been very healthy the sales of the Plus edition have been slower to get going. However, having been through the process of releasing a new application before I was completely fine with this. I knew that there wasn’t a big enough feature difference between Free and Plus and I started to address that in v1.4 with the addition of 5Ghz and 802.11ac support for Plus users. The expansion of Plus features will be the primary focus for the next few releases.

One great bit of news - the website mentions that I’d like to use part of the sales income from APHound for charitable donations. Well, that fund has now started. It’s still small, but from tiny acorns…

I’ll post more on the donations fund when it reaches an amount that prompts the first donations.

No comments: