Wednesday, October 7, 2015

APHound v1.7….in progress

APHound v1.7 is still waiting to be released. I’ve been trying to stick to a schedule of a minor point release in each month but that has slipped a little with v1.7.

Functionally, the new version of APHound is ready and tested but there has been a testing delay caused by some problems with my virtual test machines. In the end this required a switch back to VMWare after a flirtation with Hyper-V and VirtualBox. VMWare might not be the snappiest performing virtual environment but it sure does work.

A second issue, the one I’m still dealing with, is my decision to move the development environment to the new, shiny, Visual Studio 2015. The way the runtimes are now redistributed has caused a bit of a packaging headache since I’m loathe to ship more than APHound actually needs.

Hopefully the packaging issue will be resolved in the next day or so and I can release v1.7 over the weekend.

One big thing that did happen was that the trade mark registration for APHound completed. So APHound is now APHound® !  Of course, that means more work in the form of documentation and website changes but it’s a series of changes I don’t mind making.

No comments: