Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Just a quick update...

No, I haven’t forgotten about v1.8!

I’ve made a few twitter posts since the last blog entry about v1.8 but I completely failed to include the content of them in an update here! Me bad.

I decided to make v1.8 the last release of 2015 and pushed it’s release to late, very late, December. I had been trying to stick to a release-per-month update cycle but it didn’t make sense for this one, so I changed the cycle.

By extending the cycle for v1.8 I also get to do one other big thing – completely re-vamp the website. I played around with this a short time ago and got absolutely nowhere whilst wasting a lot of time. However, I now have a layout and plan for the new website and it’s on track.

As for v1.8, my intention was to work on new features for the site survey functionality. That’s still the plan but I started rooting around in the window resize code and realised a decision I made way back at the start of development had come back to bite me. The upshot is I’m re-writing the window resize code….and some of the window painting code. But hey, coding is fun.

I’ve also started looking forward in to 2016 and the plans for APHound. I have to say I’m looking forward to it – the Trello boards are shaping up very well in terms of regular releases but there’s one item on it that I can’t wait to start. More on that one after I think it through a little more and finish off some prototyping.

No comments: